Oops.  I did use error code not_acceptable, so it's not that.  It's apparently
kicking out the user that sent an iq stanza of type error (any code).

I think I understand now.  Apparently, ejabberd is kicking out the user in the
Line 294 check because the 'to' is a chatroom JID, no matter what the stanza
is.  And the Line 294 check is not going away, right?  So I think I'm stuck.

I think I may have to just return a message and append some "ERROR" text to the
body.  Everybody on the local side of the chat room will receive the error like
a normal message.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom Kalafut
I3/CG Crew Member
Trident Systems Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(919)388-1264

The opinions expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily reflect the opinions
of Trident Systems Inc.