On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > I just posted a note about PJS on
>  > http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/Summer_of_Code_2008#PJS . I hope it's not
>  > too late.
>
>  It's not too late. In fact the mentoring organizations have not yet been
>  chosen -- I'll post to the list if and when the XSF is accepted for 2008.

Just for asking if you think it makes sense or not: on the standards
ml we're discussing several mobile optimizations, and there is always
the doubt of the real figures behind the solution. What about if we
opened the source of the xmpp library upon which our client is based
on and, together with a connection manager (we have also that, already
opensource) we use a SoC project just for experimenting the solutions?
My only doubt is that perhaps it's too early for starting coding and
it's difficult to devise a project with controllable deliverables, the
only self contained project I've in mind could be a first
implementation of EXI

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com