I'm responded to that question many times in the Ignite Realtime forums.  To
date I've never had one confused end user.  Either way, don't use it if you
don't like it.

Daniel

On 5/22/08 2:25 PM, "Sander Devrieze" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2008/5/22 Maciek Niedzielski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Sander Devrieze wrote:
>>
>> 2008/5/22 Daniel Henninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>>
>>> xmpp
>>>
>>> Since such a thing does exist.  =)  I'm actually also using gtalk, but I
>>> don't really think that ought to be officially registered.  *shrug*  =)
>>
>> Yes, why do you actually have such a transport? AFAICS this only can
>> confuse people, or am I wrong and are there good reasons to have it?
>
> That's for poor clients like Coccinella that doesn't support multiple
> accounts ;)

No, that's not what I mean. The Openfire Gateway thing includes a
separate transport instance for Google Talk, besides XMPP. So people
see in the list "XMPP Transport" *and* "Google Talk Transport". I
don't see why it is useful to have this kind of duplication...but
maybe there is a reason for that?

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.