Safa Sofuoğlu (one of our GSoC students) mentioned to me that XMPP
clients need to provide localized versions of many protocol terms, but
that there is no consistency for those terms. Examples include:

1. Concepts like "file transfer" and even "instant messaging"
2. Basic presence states like "away" and "dnd"
3. Moods (XEP-0107)
4. Activities (XEP-0108)
5. Chat states (XEP-0085)
6. And many more!

Perhaps it would help client developers to create a jabber localization
project ("jabber-babel?") to make this task easier for everyone? I'd be
happy to start such a project on Google Code or wherever.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/