From: rxw1510 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 10 September 2008 08:37 PM
To: jdev@jabber.org <jdev@jabber.org>
Subject: Re: [jdev] Jabber - Core banking (ISO-8583)

Jonathan Dickinson;3468 Wrote:
> Hi Reno,
>
> I am browsing through the Wikipedia page right now.
>
> Firstly, you would need to create a gateway. There are docs on how to
> do this else-where.
>
> This gateway would have a number of JIDs that represent each bank
> (obviously always present).
>
> You would then send iq stanzas to this component. For example:
>
> <iq type="get" id="101" to="thebestbank (AT) ISO8583 (DOT)
> mycompany.org">
> <query xmlns="myqueryns">
> <iso8583 version="0"> <!-- version is first digit in MTI -->
> <messageClass>authorization</messageClass> <!-- third digit -->
> <messageFunction>request</messageFunction> <!-- fourth digit -->
> <origin>acquirer+repeat</origin> <!-- fifth digit -->
>
> <!-- here-with the fields -->
> <pan>2834729</pan>
> <credits type="forward">100</credits> <!-- some fields have two
> states, this one is either credits or credits, reversal. -->
> <captureCode>01234</captureCode>
> </iso8583>
> </query>
> </iq>
>
> One approach you could take (if using .Net) is to implement your binary
> ISO8583 reader as an XML reader that spits out the elements. This would
> then allow you to do something like:
>
> Iso8583Packet packet = ...;
> IqStanza = ...;
> IqQuery query = IqStanza.CreateQuery("myqueryns");
>
> XmlReader reader = packet.GetReader();
> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
> doc.Load(reader);
>
> query.SetContent(doc.RootElement);
>
> And as for writing to your Iso8583 device:
>
> IqQuery query = IqStanza.Query;
> XmlWriter wrtr = new Iso8583PacketWriter(myNetworkTransport);
>
> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
> doc.AppendChild(query.XmlNode);
> doc.Save(wrtr);
>
> I am sure you get the idea. You could appropriate
> niso<http://niso8583.sourceforge.net/> for your uses. AgsXMPP is also a
> brilliant component development environment for XMPP components.
>
> Oh, by the way, I am not sure if AgsXMPP supports serialization, but
> you can also just mark all the classes in niso as serializable and leave
> it up the .net framework to decide on how they look (not the best in
> terms of interopability, but it will get on the ground running).
>
> If you are not going to use .Net then I am sure these concepts will
> translate in some way into the frameworks that you decide to use.
>
> HTH.

I'm still trying to understand the internal elements of core banking
and their interactions; only to a practical level.
in the end, will all ISO traffic ends up in the database? if so can I
just interact with the DB? what will I need? SQL-to-ISO decoder? i think
NOW i'm more comfortable working with SQL than XMPP.

--
rxw1510