Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> Dnia 2008-12-04, czw o godzinie 11:57 +0100, Senko Rasic pisze:
>> The trouble is that there's no way of knowing when 4. finishes,
>> so the client doesn't know if a particular contact's presence
>> is unavailable, or just wasn't received yet.
>
> What exactly is the difference between offline contact
> and contact which presence wasn't received yet?

In the XMPP world, as far as I understand, none.

But in my use case, for offline contacts the client would
return an error, while for contacts for which presence hasn't
been received, it would wait until it is received.

My intention is to allow users to attempt a call (to someone
on their roster) before the client is connected, by automagically
connecting, getting presence, caps, and eventually calling if
possible.

Regards,
Senko

--
Senko Rasic at Collabora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>