The test in question used DatastoreIdentity.

you said:

"The classes in question have a set of fields that
uniquely form an *application identity*" and I'm just
saying no, they don't form an *application identity*,
because this test doesn't use application identity. It
uses Datastore Identity.

Ho hum, I guess I'm just grumpy because I didn't
expect the Apache TCK to be so different from the Sun
TCK.

-geoff

--- Craig Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Geoff,
>
> It sounds like you are confusing application
> equality with JDO
> identity, which are two separate concepts.
>
> JVM has identity that you test with a == b.
>
> Applications have equality that you test with
> a.equals(b).
>
> JDO has identity that you test with
> a.getObjectId().equals(b.getObjectId()).
>
> Three different concepts.
>
> Craig
>
> On May 21, 2005, at 6:37 PM, Geoff hendrey wrote:
>

> >> The classes in question have a set of fields that
> >> uniquely form an
> >> application identity, and hashCode and equals use
> >> these fields. I don't
> >> see the issue.
> >
> > DatastoreIdentity is used, so no, they don't form
> an
> > application identity.
> >
> > -geoff
> >

> > Discover Yahoo!
> > Find restaurants, movies, travel and more fun for
> the weekend. Check
> > it out!
> > http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html
> >

> Craig Russell