Andy Jefferson wrote:

test(org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestFieldsOfSimpleEnum)javax.jdo.
JDODataStoreException: Cannot set String parameter: value = AL for column
"applicationidentity1.FIELDSOFENUMORDINAL.ENUM94" : Invalid character
string format for type INTEGER.

I know this is supposed to work, so maybe you can tell us what's going
wrong.

Hi Michelle,

How are you expecting jPOX to know you want to persist as an numeric rather than String ? JPOX support is based on how we thought it should be implemented (since not defined in the JDO spec explicitly). We rely on "jdbc-type" currently, with default being String-based.

Makes sense to me, but the spec lead thinks the implementation should check the actual type in the database.

-- Michelle