Hi,

this is the JDOQL query:
  SELECT FROM org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.mylib.PCPoint EXCLUDE SUBCLASSES
  WHERE (x == 2) == true
and here is the generated SQL:
SELECT 'org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.mylib.PCPoint' AS NUCLEUS_TYPE,A0.ID,A0.X,A0.Y
  FROM APPLICATIONIDENTITY0.PCPOINT A0
  WHERE A0.X = 2 = 1

So the question is: what does SQL define when comparing an integer and a boolean? The expression "A0.X = 2" evaluates to a boolean which is then compared to the integer 1.

Regards Michael

Hi Craig,

[...]

(2) query test:

The failing test is in jdoql.conf: class org.apache.jdo.tck.query.jdoql.ParenthesesMarkOperatorPrecedence method runTestParenthesesMarkOperatorPrecedence08. The test runs a JDOQL query with PCPoint as candidate class and "(x == 2) == true" as filter. It results in an exception thrown by the derby SQL compiler:

java.sql.SQLException: Comparisons between 'BOOLEAN' and 'INTEGER' are not supported. Types must be comparable. String types must also have matching collation. If collation does not match, a possible solution is to cast operands to force them to the default collation (e.g. SELECT tablename FROM sys.systables WHERE CAST(tablename AS VARCHAR(128)) = 'T1')

The derby versions 10.6.1.0 and 10.7.1.1 run into this exception. But it does NOT happen with derby version 10.4.2.0, which we are using in the maven1 environment.

Good catch. Would you have time to file a JIRA with Derby?

First I want to take a look at the generated SQL before filing a JIRA. I'll keep you posted.

Regards Michael

[...]

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet t...@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bousc...@akquinet.de

akquinet t...@spree GmbH, Berlin
Geschäftsführung: Martin Weber, Prof. Dr. Christian Roth
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680