> I haven't tried this particular profile. The only thing I can think of is
> that you need to have some other command line parameter to allow maven to
> get your private (key) password.
>
> You cannot pass your password on the command line because anyone who does
> ps-ef can see your password in the plain. So it has to be some file or you
> type it into the maven command.
>
> It may be that you need to configure the nexus repository to do this.

I use the Maven release plugin to release DataNucleus and following the
Sonatype guide(s) I ended up editing the users ".m2/settings.xml" with
(something like)

    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>development</id>
            <properties>
                <gpg.passphrase>YOURPASSPHRASE</gpg.passphrase>
            </properties>
        </profile>
    </profiles>
    <activeProfiles>
        <activeProfile>development</activeProfile>
    </activeProfiles>

and so I never have to enter the passphrase at release. HTH

--
Andy
DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)