> If we do rename I see the following steps:
> - Rename master to main in both repositories gitbox and github. Most
> probably this involves infra.
> - Adapt some scripts and our documentation (WebSite, READMEs, ...)
> - Change our workspaces as described in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-793

If somebody decides to spend time on all of that just to avoid *potentially*
upsetting some bed-wetter, based on no evidence that it could happen, then it
simply says that this project has too much time on its hands and lack of focus
in its priorities.

To clarify, I'm not upset with the default branch name; don't know any sane
person who is.

Reminder : JDO 3.2 started in 2015. We're now in 2021. I'd rather like to have
a *final* API jar at some point, and not have to rely on DataNucleus own
variants. I'd have hoped this would be higher priority than namings ;-)

Don't reply to this mail, it only wastes further time, and I certainly won't
have a hissy fit whatever you decide to do. All the best

Regards
--
Andy
DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)