Hi Andy,

Thanks for helping us get the best possible list of DataNucleus dependencies
for the release.

Thanks for clarifying the purpose of the api-jdo jar. I had a misunderstanding
of what the datanucleus-api-jdo was, having never actually looked at it. I
should have asked the question instead of suggesting that it be removed. My bad.

It will help greatly if you could also look at the release artifacts that
Tilmann sent a link to.

Warm regards,
Craig

> On Nov 27, 2021, at 5:53 AM, Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org> wrote:
>
>> 1. JDO 3.2 release RC4
>> The release includes DataNucleus reference in the pom: core 5.2.7;
>> rdbms 5.2.7; api-jdo 5.2.7; jdo-query 5.0.9; api-jpa 5.2.6.
>> Are these the right DataNucleus versions for the 3.2 release?
>> We probably should remove the datanucleus api-jdo and instead use the
>> official
> 3.2 api.
>
> If you intend JDO 3.2 to be for JRE 1.8+ then you need the LATEST in the v5.x
> series
> datanucleus-core 5.2.9
> datanucleus-api-jdo 5.2.7
> datanucleus-api-jpa 5.2.8
> datanucleus-rdbms 5.2.9
> datanucleus-jdo-query 5.0.9
>
> Removing datanucleus-api-jdo will make your life much harder since then you
> will be testing DataNucleus with NO SUPPORT for the JDO API. That is the DN
> API-support jar, not the API interfaces. Just like the associated datanucleus-
> api-jpa jar provides SUPPORT for the JPA API.
>

> Regards
> --
> Andy
> DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)