Meanwhile I know a bit more precise what I would like ;-)
The ssl-slaves plugin maintains a list of ssh connections which I
could use to open tunnels, at least it seems so.

However, getting the plugin instance is difficult. This fails:

Plugin sshSlavesPlugin = Hudson.getInstance()
                                       .getPlugin("ssh-slaves");

because the Hudson instance is null in the HudsonRemoteControlPool.
When exactly can I expect a valid Hudson instance? Within an
@Extension that seems to be the case, but I need it in the remote
control pool.

Who would be the right person for the ssl-slaves Plugin? Stephen
Connolly is the @author. Does anyone know how to contact him?

Best regards,
Dietrich Schulten