Just to let people know what kind of things it can do:

1. Introduces Global (all jobs in the system) & System (only root
actions) scoped credentials
2. Introduces per-user credentials (only available to the user that owns them)
3. (With enhancements to our folders plugin) Introduces per folder credentials

Some things we need to do before OSSing it involve finding a nice way
to integrate it into the git & subversion auth, so that this
credential store can be used in addition to the current (what I would
see as legacy) auth store(s)

Plugins depending on the cloudbees-credentials plugin can define their
own credentials types and those credentials types will be available
via the same API.

The API allows resolving credentials for a specific item and for a
specific authentication.