In my opinion, Role-based Strategy plugin is one of the best security
plugins. It would be great to save and improve this heritage.

I’ve contacted Romain Seguy (plugin’s maintainer), and he is ready to
transfer ownership to the person, who will maintain plugin and keep its
backward compatibility. You can find Romain’s response below.

Therefore, I’m ready to take ownership of the plugin if there’s no
objections.

Hi Oleg,

> It's true that I have no time for working on this plug-in anymore, plus it
> also fits my company needs, even though it's not perfect.
> I started at some point an improvement of the UI in order to manager large
> number of roles, but never had the time to finish.
> If one wants to take over the maintenance of this plugin, he/she's welcome
> to do so, as long as backward compatibility is kept (as Jenkins always
> does).
> Don't hesitate to relay my message on the ML, and thanks for having asked.
>
> Regards,
> Romain
>
> Le Tue, 28 May 2013 14:27:43 -0400, Олег Ненашев <o.v.nenas...@gmail.com>
> a écrit:
>
> Hello Romain,
>
> We have discussion regarding “Role-based strategy plugin” at jenkinsci-dev
> group (you can see history below). In my opinion this plugin is a best
> solution for large Jenkins installations, so it would be great to make
> several improvements in this plugin and to continue maintenance.
>
> As I know, you don’t publically participate in Jenkins development now. Are
> you going to continue Jenkins development in future? If no, are you going
> to transfer maintenance of your plugins?
> Could you join discussion?
>
> Thank you for attention,
> Oleg Nenashev

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
R&D Engineer, Synopsys Inc.
www.synopsys.com

вторник, 28 мая 2013 г., 18:52:46 UTC+4 пользователь Stephen Connolly