Hi,

> AFAIK this is an issue confined to the (IMHO crappy) Maven project type.

IMHO the main issue is that backporting bigger changes done on top of the
trunk could be quite tricky and even if the code can be compiled, you can
easily break something - this backport e.g. requires also changes in core
module [1]. And even if it breaks "only" maven job, this is IMHO acceptable
for weekly release, but not for LTS.

Anyway, I did the backporting in my branch [2], it passes all tests, but as
I'm not very familiar with maven part of Jenkins and due to time constraints I
spent only very limited time with digging in it, I'm not 100% sure that
everything is ok. I've added it to tomorrow's meting agenda [3], so if we
agree to backport it, it's pre-prepared.

Vojta

[1]
https://github.com/vjuranek/jenkins/compare/5d305e53bebe7507d4366a96ad3377121f6b5aef...29878c81ae032891cc94c0326c51ec57f56e0b4d
[2] https://github.com/vjuranek/jenkins/commits/stable_mvn