On 11/11/2013 12:24 AM, Luca Milanesio wrote:
BTW, out of curiosity, how did you manage to force push such a large
number of repositories at the same time? :)

Problems with the Gerrit replication plugin ... unfortunate combination
of three events (Murphy's law ?):
- working on a directory where I had the Jenkins plugins repos cloned
(but outdated to around 1 month ago)
- having a Gerrit replication plugin pointing to that directory (I did
not realised was using *forced push* that until later today)
- having the permissions of making *forced push* on repos that I did not
work on (I did not realised that until today)

I have removed those local repos on my machine ... so can't do it again,
but we need to sort out the mess in the meantime :-(
I am submitting now a patch to Gerrit replication plugin to **forbid*
forced push by configuration*: so at least I can block them from my side.

Yeah, that's unlucky.

One thing I sometimes do for repos where I have commit access, but don't want to push, is to clone the repository via HTTP. That way, any accidental attempts at pushing won't use my ssh key, and so GitHub will prompt me for my password.

Regards,
Chris