On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any additional comments and proposals will be appreciated.

I would not make an exception to the rule that “only a single
component per GitHub repository should exist". stapler, winsw, are
fine insofar as these are just repositories outside @jenkinsci; of
course core needs to integrate new releases of these components to
pick up fixes, but that generally does not need its own issue. (Note
that some of these repos have their own GH issue trackers.)

I would suggest that the JIRA component name exactly match the
repository name in all cases, specifically meaning that we should use
git-plugin rather than git, etc. (Originally I was thinking that the
plugin artifactId/shortName should match the component, but using the
repository name makes it clearer what is a plugin vs. some other
library, and gives us better consistency overall.)

hudson.sfbay is presumably obsolete, seeing as this Sun Microsystems
intranet domain no longer exists. :-)

Regarding native-rpm etc., I would leave these in core for the time
being (with an appropriate label), but it would be great to see these
be split into their own repositories with their own lifecycles. (This
would also be a boon to anyone making an OEM distribution of Jenkins,
as CloudBees does, since you would expect the native packaging to just
take any Jenkins WAR file as an input.)