> 4) Adopt a new icon library, likely based on a glyph-font library like
> Font-Awesome to enhance performance and device friendliness

What exactly is the problem with normal icons? Jenkins isn't dial-up friendly
anyway, so optimizing the first-time loading of 5 icons won't make a
difference. What specifically does 'device friendliness' refer to?

Font-Awesome seems to be pretty small and doesn't have icons with "modifiers"
(e.g. New Item's star, Build History's pencil). Isn't this going to be a
problem?

Does this mean single color icons instead of properly colored icons? Will these
be all the same color, or color still be used to distinguish the icons?

There should be a migration strategy for plugins that makes old plugins not
look out of place (and new plugins on then-current LTS installs). I think I've
mentioned it before, but having to install the latest & frequently-not-greatest
because plugins raise their minimum version to get new _icons_ wouldn't a good
solution.

-----

Icon-related issue that could be cleaned up while this is being worked on:
"(Build) » Edit Build Information" use the same icon