Sounds like a great idea - even if the term "ops lead" isn't used then it
would be good for one (or two?) people to drive things a bit as otherwise
its easy for people to sit back and think that someone else is going to fix
it.

I'm not sure if its just me, but in the past I've put my hand up to helps
with ops work. Unfortunately, probably due to timezones (i'm in NZ so a lot
of US times don't work very well) and other reasons I've never really been
able to "get into it". So if there were going to be sessions transferring
knowledge, I think it would be useful having recorded sessions for later
watching and also "private" (if necessary) space on the Wiki to store all
things ops (assuming its not already there).

While we are on the subject, I'd be interested in knowing whether there is
any truth into my understanding that KK is the only one who can release new
Jenkins versions and RCs etc. (I could have completely got the wrong end of
that bit of info!)  Only reason I ask is that outside of the infrastructure
single points of failure, that would appear to be another rather large one.

Cheers
Richard.