On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <k...@kohsuke.org> wrote:

> Keeping the project independent from CloudBees is actually a very
> important goal for me for all the reasons. We currently do have a number of
> people with full infra access, such as Tyler, Andrew, Daniel, Oleg to name
> a few. It wasn't my intention to change any of that. I was really just
> trying to ensure that the ops side of the house doesn't result in the cycle
> starvation.

I have seen in other open source projects, that when they reach a certain
size and maturity,
they have found it necessary to pay people to work part-time on
devops/sysadmin stuff,
often paid through some type of non-profit foundation set up to support the
project.

The Jenkins project seems to be facing some of the similar pressures.
Volunteers are great, but when volunteers have competing work/personal
items for their time,
it gets really hard to do the devops/sysadmin stuff for the open source
project in a timely manner.
Having someone focused on this stuff as part of their job is great.

I think that you and CloudBees have the best interest of the Jenkins
project at heart,
and will "do the right thing" to bring on new people like Adam,
but work with the existing people doing Jenkins infra work for the best
interest of the project.
--
Craig