-0 I guess. I have never had any problem understanding anyone else’s
code because of their formatting choices, weird or not. It is the
logic that is the problem. Enforced code style, like discussions about
code style, has just been a distraction and waste of time in my
experience.

If you are going to set a coding standard, it must be enforced
mechanically by a standard Maven build, so contributors can fall into
line on their own time, without bothering reviewers.

And I think the “diff wall” is potentially a drag for years to come. I
still look through line-by-line history for the reasoning behind
historical decisions, sometimes going into imported Subversion history
(which alas is sometimes where the investigation ends, due to
Subversion’s poor merge tracking). Every time a line is changed for no
good reason, understanding the subtle and undertested assumptions in
Jenkins code becomes a little bit harder.