OK - I've got a minimal sample that demonstrates the behavior of the
default / setting of the booleanRadio not being rendered in my UI panel.

Apologies, but I wasn't clear on where precisely on GitHub to post the
sample.  I do not have authority to create issues on
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins.
I do have a login at https://issues.jenkins-ci.org but creating an issue
there seemed premature.

I'll attach the small sample here, pending educating me on exactly where on
GitHub to post :-)

Also, I see I forgot to mention I'm running on v1.625 of Jenkins, with JDK
java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.65-3.b17

thanks