Backporting is ready and RC will be pushed tomorrow morning UTC time.

$ lts-candidate-stats 2.60.1
Rejected:
    JENKINS-40693        Minor        Fri, 26 May 2017 08:06:29 +0000
        badMessage: 400 Bad Host header for HttpChannelOverHttp
        https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-40693
Fixed:
    JENKINS-44120        Major        Fri, 19 May 2017 23:10:39 +0000
        Git checkout hangs after update on 2.59
        https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-44120

Note the hiccups ATH was experiencing on master and now on stable branch
too are gone. (I have reconfigured both builds to use JDK 8 a while ago but
version 7 was hardcoded in the build script for some reason which is
something I have not noticed. ATH was broken in a way Jenkins log was not
preserved so it was not easy to find out without fixing the bug first.)