Something I don't get here is why you need an external evergreen-client to
manage updates, and can't just get this running from within Jenkins.

I also wonder how you manage jenkins.war version here, which is bundled in
the docker image vs upgrades. Does this mean the image comes with a default
jenkins.war but won't override when used on an existing JENKINS_HOME ? And
then upgrading and restarting service won't actually reflect a core upgrade
?