Hello Andrei and al,

The simple pull-request plugin is described in more details in the link
kindly posted by Joseph P (thank you Joseph). I have added some ideas to
the detailed proposal
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q2p_XZEdbkcVDMpEPTtjPS15i2Oq3CQgH_geJjPhofY/edit#heading=h.6opxlse98ria>
.

Regarding student participation, you should read the information for
students: https://jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/students/

It can help to look at existing plugins to learn how to write plugins. I
will shamelessly points to a plugin I previously mentored as I think its
code is well organized and it has lots of unit tests: the external
workspace manager plugin
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/external-workspace-manager-plugin>. But I am
sure there are other good plugins out there that I am not familiar with.

I am hoping the plugin can work with Bitbucket Server, Cloud and Github
(all three). I am also proposing that certain report types be supported by
convention. For example, if JUnit XML Reports exist in a conventional
location, they should automatically be published.

The plugin is different than existing pull-request plugins in a couple of
ways. My idea is that the Simple Pull-Request Plugin does not detect
branches and does not create a job for each pull-request automatically.
Instead, all the pull-requests destined to a given branch run in the same
job. This way the job has a history of all the pull-requests destined to a
given branch. So it is one job per destination branch. Also, the plugin
does not automatically detect pull-requests (it does not poll). Instead
jobs wait to be triggered externally. For example a build could be
triggered from the command line (as rudimentary as curl), or it could be
triggered from Bitbucket using the pull-request notifier
<https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/se.bjurr.prnfs.pull-request-notifier-for-stash/server/overview>.

I am not sure whether users should create the jobs themselves, or if there
should be some kind automation when it comes to creating jobs. I see the
operation of the build, and the jobs creation as two independent
activities. The focus of the plugin as proposed so far is to implement the
operation of the build.

Of course this proposal welcomes comments and suggestions from the
community.

Best,
Martin