On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 10:19 AM, martinda <martin.danjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My users will never write a Jenkinsfile, ever. But I
> was able to get them to specify a (very) small YAML file.
>
> Maybe you are suggesting that this should be implemented as an open-source
> Pipeline library and Jenkinsfile

You can of course do that, though then you still need to have some
kind of boilerplate:

---%<--- Jenkinsfile
library('github.com/whatever/jenkins-yaml-lib').run('jenkins.yaml')
--->%---

CloudBees users can eliminate the need for even that using

https://go.cloudbees.com/docs/cloudbees-documentation/cje-user-guide/index.html#pipeline-custom-factories

Or you can write a small plugin which implements the same
`AbstractWorkflowBranchProjectFactory` /
`AbstractWorkflowMultiBranchProjectFactory` extension points and bakes
in an opinionated file name and script.

I am not saying that is the only way to accomplish your goal, but it
is certainly the easiest. You would get support for GitHub & BitBucket
(including pull requests, webhooks, and organization folders) for
free, as well as visualization via Blue Ocean and so on. (I suppose
you could even build an analogue to
https://github.com/jenkinsci/blueocean-plugin/tree/master/blueocean-pipeline-editor
if you wanted, though I do not know much about that.)