On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 2:46 AM Olblak <m...@olblak.com> wrote:
> But I am wondering, instead of going with Centos why not using this PPA with
> ubuntu?
> This would imply a smaller breaking change

I'd support that as much as CentOS provided that they're serious about
packaging openjdk and not some weird mish-mash of security backports
developed in house.

This also reminds me that if we were to use another image similar to
openjdk instead of a clean base image, do note that they tend to come
with a bunch of useless programs. For example, openjdk:latest
typically bundles Mercurial for some reason.

Whatever approach we take, I'd prefer for us to install the minimal
set of packages required to run Jenkins and allow administrators to
install additional packages afterwards. Or even a system similar to
JFR for creating custom Docker images using a Jenkins config or
similar.

--
Matt Sicker
Software Engineer, CloudBees