Hi,

The student is free to propose different solutions and different
implementations in the proposal they submit. Another approach for this type
of coding project is to use OpenAPI
<https://swagger.io/blog/api-development/introducing-the-open-api-initiative/>
(but
it probably did not exist at the time). Regarding the reason these ideas
are in GSoC, is that I was impressed by those libraries when I started
working with them. They are concise (probably because they are based on
Apache JClouds), clear, well written, and come with live tests and unit
tests, so I thought it would be good to wrap them as plugins for Jenkins,
hence I suggested these ideas for GSoC this year.

Martin