(replies inline)

On Wed, 15 May 2019, Chris Kilding wrote:

> My plugin uses an external dependency, Moto (the AWS mock server) for its
> integration tests.
>
> Moto is written in Python, installed with Pip, in a virtualenv. It can be used
> either directly (where we must do the pip install ourselves) or through the
> Java wrapper Localstack (which does little more than run those same commands
> for us).
>
> It appears that ci.jenkins.io agents have *some* kind of Python toolchain
> installed, but it’s limited: there is no ‘pip’ and maybe no
> ‘virtualenv’
> either.
>
> Do any other Jenkins plugins use Python or Python dependencies, and if so how
> are Python/Pip/Virtualenv set up in their builds?

The fact that there is Python is incidental more than anything. We will not be
installing any system packages on agents however, so I suggest working out how
to use Docker containers to meet your needs, as those are definitely supported
on machines with the 'docker' label.

Cheers.

--
GitHub:  https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2