I'm writing this to let you all know that we're experiencing on on-going
partial outage on ci.jenkins.io which is affecting the ability of the system to
process pull requests and merges to plugins, core, etc.

Starting sometime yesterday (2019-08-14), all attempts to provision Azure VM
agents began failing with Azure API errors. As such **no** Azure VM agents are
provisioning. Fortunately Azure Container Instances are provisioning, so now
might be a good time to try them out for pull requests you wish to validate:
buildPlugin(useAci: true) will utilize those agent types for the Linux branches
of the pipeline.

I have some backchannel communication going on with some teams at Microsoft
about the issue, but at this time I do not have an estimated time for
resolution.

The underlying cause appears that the Azure REST APIs that ci.jenkins.io are
relying on are rather old, no longer supported, and something may have changed
to cause them to start failing to validate the "Deployments" (Azure
terminology) generated by the plugin which integrates Jenkins to Azure. If my
suspicions are correct about the fix, it will require some new plugin builds
and releases, which would mean we're likely a day or two away from the issue
fully being resolved.

I will update this thread as more information becomes available.

Cheers
--
GitHub:  https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2