On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 1:56 PM Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it uses a boolean rather than a Boolean, so I don't think it can be null.

Maybe it can be converted to `Boolean`? Generally this can be done
compatibly quite easily.

> Is there a way for me to hide the default value of a deprecated boolean field
> that intentionally has no jelly form associated with the field?

It should not be offered to begin with.
`DescribableModel.uninstantiate2` compares a fresh control instance
(created by calling the `@DataBoundConstructor`) with whatever form
submission produces, and only emits attributes for the diff. And it
ignores deprecated parameters.