Guess you could say what I'm investigating is to create is a few "secure"
templates.   That is create a job type where the "builder" and/or
"publishers" are basically locked in and the people using them have only a
few of the "freestyle" options.

Partly on one server as a way to open up people having some control over
their job without a free run on the system... other side of this is a
"turn-key" solution for those who keep saying to me, "It's unreasonble for
me to expect developers to know how to write scripts"

That last one these people tend to get overwhelmed with too many options so
want to limit the options to only the things they need to choose from.

At the moment just fact finding to see what I can and can't do.  When I
noticed the Ivy/Maven templates had everything embedded with options turned
off... I started looking at them as a template to make my own.