Yes, the Java 11 adoption is still very low. It was around 30% last time I
have seen the stats. Around 60% of users still run Java 8. With such a
state it does not make sense to drop the Java 8 compatibility without
really serious reasons which we IMHO do not have.

On a separate note, a few weeks ago we discussed moving to Java 11 in the
default container tags (`latest`, `stable` and so on). Even in this case we
were far from having a consensus, because it would require a coordinate
update of agents and controllers by many Jenkins users.

BR, Oleg