Hi Baptiste,

Thanks a lot for this work! Commons Digester is definitely a legacy that we
should rather remove from Jenkins. It should be perfectly fine as long as
we provide an upgrade path in plugins, timely deprecate and announce the
removal. We're doing pretty much the same process for Ruby and Python
plugin runtimes, and the process can be partially inherited from that or,
if you prefer a longer rollout, from JEP-200.

If we have many such removals, slated for a single release, maybe we should
consider doing Jenkins 3. I have a proposal in works towards the
contributor summit in June, but I am not ready to share it yet.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

P.S: +100 for referencing Shifting Gears!