There are 2 regressions that I know of currently in 2.288,  one is a
blocker and the other possibly so.

1. the `WithBridgeMethods` annotation no longer works and so we would break
compatibility with plugins using bridge methods from core  PR to fix the
injector is https://github.com/infradna/bridge-method-injector/pull/25 and
this will need a release and a Jenkins PR and then backporting. (will
create a Jira soon)

2. the HTML form submission has broken quite a few tests (could be HTMLUnit
bug, or other but there are a number of plugins now with failing tests when
bumping to this core)
-> https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-65585
, https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/5405#issuecomment-836265920
and https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/5479