Hi all,

I would like to follow-up on a Jenkins governance help offer from Rick in this
thread <https://groups.google.com/g/jenkinsci-dev/c/N0stgWNmPhg>.

Currently we do the most of the planning and discussions via mailing lists
and governance meetings. For common community members, it might be
difficult to see what are the initiatives/projects being handled by the
board at the moment. It is also hard for potential contributors to see the
governance backlog and to contribute to the open items in our TODO list.

What if we create a new public github repo like jenkinsci/governance and
put key issues/projects there, e.g. (Adoption of EasyCLA, CDF Project
representatives Elections, Contributor summit, etc.). It should not be a
replacement for the mailing lists OR a micromanagement tool, but we can use
it to provide a way to highlight key problems we are about working on. The
new repo can be also used as a public RFE tracker and maybe even a Q&A
forum for the governance matters though, again, it should not replace the
mailing discussions.

Such approach would partially overlap with the Jenkins public roadmap, but
only for big initiatives which need to be represented there.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev