While sometimes (like log4j-core) it is about security and owasp can help.
Other times, it's mostly about reducing redundant libraries - like
slf4j-api or log4j-api.

Other common libraries are

❯ csvsql "SELECT jarGroupId, jarArtifactId, jarVersion, count(*) as CT
FROM plugin-jars.csv
GROUP BY jarGroupId, jarArtifactId, jarVersion
ORDER BY CT DESC
LIMIT 20
"
jarGroupId                    jarArtifactId         jarVersion  CT
344
commons-codec                 commons-codec         1.9         75
com.google.code.findbugs      jsr305                3.0.2       62
org.apache.httpcomponents     httpcore              4.4.13      58
com.github.stephenc.findbugs  findbugs-annotations  1.3.9-1     56
org.slf4j                     slf4j-api             1.7.30      48
com.google.code.gson          gson                  2.8.5       45
org.apache.httpcomponents     httpclient            4.5.13      44
org.apache.httpcomponents     httpclient            4.5.2       42
com.google.code.findbugs      jsr305                1.3.9       41
org.apache.httpcomponents     httpcore              4.4.4       41
commons-codec                 commons-codec         1.10        40
commons-codec                 commons-codec         1.11        38
com.google.code.gson          gson                  2.8.6       37
commons-io                    commons-io            2.4         35
commons-lang                  commons-lang          2.6         35
org.apache.commons            commons-lang3         3.7         34
commons-httpclient            commons-httpclient    3.1         33
org.apache.commons            commons-lang3         3.4         33
com.fasterxml.jackson.core    jackson-annotations   2.9.0       31

Some of these are already part of jenkins-core. E.g. commons-codec,
commons-io, commons-httpclient, etc.