Note that some plugins (like audit-log) use log4j-api due to slf4j-api
not supporting non-String messages (e.g., audit log structured data
messages, syslog metadata, etc.). Promoting logging APIs to an API
plugin may require some care in implementation. Also, Jenkins' UI for
recording and viewing logs is currently tied to the java.util.logging
API, not SLF4J or Log4j2, so if logging is further consolidated, that
may also need to be updated.