Thanks to Basil for starting a pull request for it. Probably this is a case
when we should probably work on the JEP together with all platform SIG
members.

As a first step, I would recommend putting a warning for upcoming Java 8
depreciation as a Jenkins administrative monitor and to the startup log in
https://github.com/jenkinsci/extras-executable-war