On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 10:02 AM 'Daniel Beck' via Jenkins Developers <
jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 3:55 PM Tim Jacomb <timjaco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The barrier to entry on Jira is a lot higher than on GitHub, many people
>> struggle to report issues.
>>

> Is people not reporting issues they experience really a problem we have?

FWIW I filed JENKINS-68727 <https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-68727>
just a few days ago after receiving private email from someone saying

I would like to report a bug, but the bugtracker on jira does not allow me
> to create a new account.

Not the first time I have gotten such a message. I do not know if this
person had a GitHub account.

It is true that there are more bugs filed than people qualified and willing
to triage them. Perhaps making it awkward to report (or comment on) bugs
helps by filtering out people who would have filed vague and unreproducible
reports anyway; or perhaps it just discourages everyone uniformly.