Yes, rrds store a timestamp and an integer. Hence I realized it is not
suitable for our requirements.

By serializing do you mean to you the Java inbuilt serializable
<https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/io/Serializable.html>
interface to create a ByteArray file or create an Xml file from the Java
object?

If XML file is required, I'm planning to use XStream
<https://x-stream.github.io/> as suggested by the Jenkins documentation.
<https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/persistence/>