Hi,

>> My intention with adopting this plugin is more for the preparation of
DevOps world than anything else.
>> I am not a proper developer in this scenario, but am trying to go
through the process of adoption as a new Jenkins contributor.
>> In doing so, I will be assisting with the DevOps world contributor
summit, and want to ensure I'm providing the best help that I can.
That's good idea, but I can think of some better examples, which are still
widely use across Jenkins Community and they need some attention.
Like this one (fairly simple plugin):
https://plugins.jenkins.io/badge/

Or:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/extended-choice-parameter-plugin
I would be grateful if somebody could take care for this plugin. It looks
like do to war in Ukraine maintainer is unable to take care of it and any
work stopped in this sad day :(

Or some plugins which are serves as common dependencies (but can be hard):
https://plugins.jenkins.io/jaxb/
https://plugins.jenkins.io/docker-plugin/
https://plugins.jenkins.io/docker-java-api/
https://plugins.jenkins.io/apache-httpcomponents-client-4-api/

I think first option is the best one for start.

>> I tend to agree with the sentiment expressed by Bartosz. I think our
community
>> is stretched thin already even without duplicating effort. Personally, I
would
>> rather see fewer high-quality plugins, as opposed to competing plugins
with
>> different strengths and weaknesses. I recognize this is a subjective
preference
>> and others may disagree.
I agree in 120%.

>> Bartosz, one of the reasons that situations like this persist for years
is the
>> lack of interest in cleaning up previous efforts. Is this an area where
you are
>> interested in volunteering? If so, I would encourage you to come up with
ideas
>> about how we could make the situation better and discuss them either on
this
>> list, on the community forum, or with the governance board, as
appropriate.
>> There is definitely room for improvement, and we would welcome any
efforts in
>> this area so long as the appropriate process is followed, including
discussion
>> and approval for any governance changes.
I would like to, but due to personal reasons I'm unable to focus on it till
next year.
So for now I can't promise anything.
Anyway I saw in meeting recordings that there is already some movement in
creation of plugin scoring system.
It can be a good starting point.

Bart