On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 5:56 PM Adrien Lecharpentier <
adrien.lecharpent...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please note that the plugin has multiple public security issues. I'm sure
> the security team will require you to resolve them before any release can
> be deployed.

While we definitely prefer that (new) maintainers address unresolved
vulnerabilities as early as possible, we do not generally require that for
new releases, with two exceptions:

* Plugins blocked from releasing because we identified a vulnerability
introduced since the latest release. Look for "releaseblock" in RPU for
examples.
* Unsuspending plugins. In terms of security, we consider that to be
similar to new plugin hosting, so to restore publication, we ask that
security issues (publicly known or not) be addressed first.

For anything else, the security warnings shown in Jenkins and on the
plugins site will remain active even for new releases.

Some (few) plugins are actively maintained while not addressing previously
announced security vulnerabilities. Administrators can make an informed
decision on whether they want to install (or keep installed) such plugins.