Hey Sami,

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Sami Tikka <sjti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You just have to change your build scripts to use the uploaded file if it
> exists in the workspace and do something else if it doesn't.

I would like to do that, but it doesn't seem to work. If I make the call
with urllib (I'm using python), I get a 500 error back (so the job never
fires). If I add a file to it, the job works fine. If I remove the file
parameterization, it works. It's just when I try to submit a job and don't
include the file that things blow up.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately in a way), I'm doing my qualifying exam
tomorrow AM, so I can't dig out the backtrace, but one of the stack frames
was in buildWithParameters. I can send that tomorrow once I'm done if that
helps.

Thanks!
Andrew

> -- Sami
>
> Andrew Melo <andrew.m...@gmail.com> kirjoitti 20.2.2012 kello 0.09:
>
> > Hello, everyone-
> >
> > We currently use jenkins to test commits that are in our Git
> > repository, but I'd like to add support for developers to test their
> > current workspace with jenkins before the commit makes it up. I added
> > some logic to the beginning of the build process to unpack a tarball
> > passed in with the file parameterization, which works great. However,
> > any existing processes that try to submit a job end up failing if they
> > don't pass in a file with the http request.
> >
> > Is there a way to have jenkins ignore if a file isn't passed in
> > (perhaps making a zero-length file)? Or is there a better way to go
> > about this? (Our job configuration is super complex, so maintaining
> > two jobs with identical options modulo the build parameterization
> > would probably end up with them desynchronizing).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andrew

Andrew Melo