Yes, we actually do generate (one single) metadata file during the main build job, this metadata is archived, and passed through the whole pipeline, to other downstream jobs, promotion jobs etc. With this metadata file being fingerprinted, you get a very nice side effect, that Jenkins can figure out all the job dependencies automatically.