Around about 16/04/12 10:08, Markus typed ...
How can I disable that Jenkins automatically updates itself? We are
running on CentOS and using the RedHat Linux RPM packages for Jenkins.
Our system admin has ensured me that the OS does not upgrade Jenkins.

Then I would have to suggest that he's wrong; do you have yum-autoupdate installed? 'Cos that would do it. If so, uninstall it, or edit /etc/sysconfig/yum-autoupdate

  I don't know if you can selectively not update just jenkins.

Otherwise, I don't know of any [default] mechanism where jenkins *would* update.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature