On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Neil Bird <n...@fnxweb.com> wrote:
> Around about 16/04/12 10:08, Markus typed ...
>
>> How can I disable that Jenkins automatically updates itself? We are
>> running on CentOS and using the RedHat Linux RPM packages for Jenkins.
>> Our system admin has ensured me that the OS does not upgrade Jenkins.
>

>  Then I would have to suggest that he's wrong;  do you have yum-autoupdate
> installed?  'Cos that would do it.  If so, uninstall it, or edit
> /etc/sysconfig/yum-autoupdate
>
>  I don't know if you can selectively not update just jenkins.
>

>  Otherwise, I don't know of any [default] mechanism where jenkins *would*
> update.

Even if it isn't doing auto-updates, jenkins might update along with
the rest of the system whenever a 'yum update' is done.  To stop it,
edit /etc/yum.repos.d/jenkins.repo and add a line that says
"enabled=0".  Then it will only update if you change it to enabled=1
or override on the yum command line with --enablerepo=jenkins.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikes...@gmail.com