I'm using it in the following way. During the build, the makefile
picks up the revision number from the environment variable and creates
a cpp macro definition with it, something like this:
gcc -DBUILD_REVISION=$(SVN_REVISION) ...
In the C code, I'm printing a version string in the binary:
printf("TheGreatesCodeEver %d.%d SVN@
%d",MAJOR_VERSION_NUMBER,MINOR_VERSION_NUMBER,BUILD_REVISION)
and the output will be something like:
"TheGreatesCodeEver 1.2 SVN@356"

Now the problem is that if someone wants to look for the build in
Jenkins, it won't be necessary able to identify the build because
build page might show a number less than 356.

p.s.: you might say that I should use the environment variable
"BUILD_NUMBER" which will identify clearly the build in Jenkins,
however the inconsistency between SVN numbers will still exist