2012/6/13 Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Roberto Nunnari <nunni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi everybody.
> >
> > One more question..
> > I just noticed in the page 'jenkins >> nodes' that 'Free disk space' is
> > talking about the system filesystem..
> > I want jenkins to do it work (checkout, build, etc..) on a different
> > filesystem and folder, say /opt/jenkins.. how do I change that?
> >
> > Having jenkins being installed from an ubuntu distro, it went spreaded
> all
> > over the place.. at least /var/lib/jenkins  /usr/share/jenkins and
> > /var/run/jenkins/
> >
> > jenkins is started with the following args:
> > JENKINS_ARGS="--webroot=$JENKINS_RUN/war --httpPort=$HTTP_PORT
> > --ajp13Port=$AJP_PORT --preferredClassLoader=java.net.URLClassLoader
> > --prefix=/jenkins"
> >
> > Any hints please?
>
> One approach - that is probably easier than messing with the
> configuration of a packaged (.deb/.rpm) version is to simply start a
> build slave that happens to be on the same server.  Basically all you
> have to do for this is set up ssh keys so the jenkins user on the
> master can do passwordless commands as the target user on the target
> system (you can use ssh-copy-id for this), and set up the node to be
> started by ssh.  Everything else pretty much takes care of itself and
> the builds happen in the home directory of the target user.   It won't
> matter if that is on the same host or elsewhere.
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>     lesmikes...@gmail.com

humm.. really there isn't a paramenter to pass to jenkins that tells it
where to do the build?
oh well.. then probably, as you advice, the best option is to run the build
on another executor, may it be on the same server, elsewhere or on the HPC
cluster..
Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards.